Friday, August 1, 2008

SYNOPSIS

Mark and his friends don’t know that Tom’s mysterious disappearance will change their lives forever. The recurring and troubling dreams disturbing their sleep and testing their friendship are actually signs that the legend of the Black Eagle has begun to unfold. The earth is about to become the setting of a planetary conflict, the danger of which has been recognized only by a group of scientists led by Joseph Liogi, thanks to their detection of powerful surges of energy in various places on the planet. Mark will have an important mission to fulfill. But who is Laila, the beautiful girl who bursts into his life? And what can a few scientists and a handful of high school students hope to do against the powerful demons of Zòrakon and the monstrous Erkan hordes?

4 comments:

Adrian said...

As an American, when I read "high school students" I think of adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18. This is a different crowd than, e.g., "Hochschulstudenten." SO do you mean "high school" a we Americans mean it -- secondary school -- or as Europeans (at least Germans) mean it.

I distrust stories about HS students. They tend to be juvenile. If I see a book about HS students (in the American sense)I expect it to be FOR adolescent HS students.

Fulvio Di Blasi said...

Ciao Adrian.
Yes, I mean "high school students" as Americans (and Italians) do: i.e., 13 to 18 years old guys. Sorry! However, there are two groups of heroes, so to speak, overlapping each other in the Black Eagle saga: high school students, on the one hand, and scientists and police officers, on the other. They involve different, but partly complimentary, ways to live into and look at the world… I don’t think I wrote a book ONLY for adolescents. I’m not an adolescent (not anymore, unfortunately!)… and I like it. After all, CS Lewis didn’t write The Chronicles of Narnia only for adolescents. At least, I think he didn’t. But what can I say… this is really about what everybody likes...

J.P. Kurzitza said...

Well, C.S. Lewis wrote the Chronicles for everybody. It's about the Bible, Jesus, Satan, and the like. But I'm sure you knew that. . .

Fulvio Di Blasi said...

Yes, I do. Thanks j.p.
However, I'm with Tolkien when he was criticizing Lewis for being too allegorical...